I am a business designer and strategist with a lifelong passion for people's stories and uncovering what drives them. I work to convert these stories into transformational products and systems.
My sweet spot: leading teams to develop new offerings; infusing design processes with a strategic eye, or grounding business development processes in user-centeredness.
What I'm doing now: I'm pursuing my MBA at Yale, where I'm learning to dream up, test, and execute innovative business models.
Where I'm headed: I want to combine the designer’s toolkit—the license to dream, the humility to empathize—and a business lens—the financial modeling skills to optimize investments, the rigor to quantify a market and therefore the reach of impact—to solve big problems.
Do say hi: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You won't find this on my resume
- I’m obsessed with the Tibetan concept of saintly madmen. In fact, while in India, I studied with the Dalai Lama and spent two weeks in Bylakuppe researching the ldab-ldob, a kind of warrior monk charged with protecting the ancient monasteries of Lhasa.
- I love making fermented foods (which are basically delicious science experiments). At one time, I made all my own yogurt, sourdough bread, kimchi, and launched Northern Thailand’s first commercial kombucha company.
- I wrote a bilingual children's book in collaboration with my amazing sister, Isa.
- Although born and raised in Venezuela, I have since lived in New York City, India, Thailand, Myanmar, San Francisco and now New Haven.
- Project Management: As someone who's both process driven and flexible, I can keep tabs on multiple moving pieces without imposing unnecessary rigidity. Whether it's a conversation to build buy-in with a key stakeholder or developing the latest budget, I love seeing the big picture of where our team is headed.
- Business Design: In addition to launching a beverage startup at the age of 22, I've taken classes like Entrepreneurial Finance, Modeling Managerial Decisions, Competitive Strategy, Founders Studies and Business Analytics with Spreadsheets among others to build those skills.
- Facilitation: I've facilitated design sprints of various lengths with clients ranging from lyft to Myanmar's second cohort of tech entrepreneurs.
- Storytelling: I've been published in The Guardian and The Columbia Review, among others. I also take film and digital photographs.